I always like green thai curry.
A dish that i order quite frequently when i dine at Thai Express.
I like the rich coconut taste, the spice and slightly sweet aftertaste.
Couple of weekend ago my MIL cooked Thai green curry using a singapore brand ready mix green curry taste. $2.00. Taste good.
I know that Carrefour has a corner for Thai foodstuff. Went to check it out and they have a ready made green curry paste that has Thai words on it. Imported from Thailand, must be authentic.
Cheaper than the Spore brand as well. Selling at $1.50.
i have 2 stalks of lemon grass in my freezer, so i decided to 'beef' up the taste a bit with extra lemon grass and onions...
Spiciness level: Singapore brand vs Thai brand: 5 vs 1
- 1 packet of green curry paste
- 1 stalk of lemon grass (bruised and chopped)
- 2 small red onion (diced)
- chicken (~500gm i use half pack of frozen chicken inner fillet)
- half pack of french beans
- 1 pack of coconut milk (small)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
How to do it?
Heat pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Fry onion and lemon grass until onion becomes soft and golden brown.