Always a big fan of Guo Tie (Potstick). Love the crispy skin and the juicy meat within.I basically use the same ingredients as the Siew Mai.
Just different proportions, heavy on parsley and dried scrimps, light on mushroom and white fungus.
What do you need?
- Mince meat 200gm
- Diced prawn 150gm
- 1 chinese dried mushroom (soaked and diced)
- 1 black fungus (i use white, soaked and diced)
- 6 stalks of parsley
- 1 handful of dried scrimps (soaked and diced)
- 1 thumb sized of ginger (minced)
- Seasoning (soya sauce, pepper, wine, sesame oil)
For the skin, i use the receipe and method from Jas's Kitchen.
How to do it?
Heat pan with oil, place the gou tie upright to brown the bottom on low heat. Turn to side to achieve browning on both sides. When done, add 1/4 cup of water into pan, close the lid immediately and let it cook for 2-4 mins until water fully evaporates.
Serve with sliced ginger in dark vinegar (dilute with water and put a dash of sugar)